International Certificate of Competence
|Course:||International Certificate of Competence|
|Cost:||ICC test fee (payable to RYA) £40.00|
|Training/testing||£150.00 per person per day, subject to experience and discount for group bookings of 3 or more people|
To train and test people to a level of competence to enable them to safely take charge of a vessel without endangering or damaging other people, boats or the marine environment and gaining the International Certificate of Competence.
- Safety briefing and pre departure checks
- Departing from berth
- Use of springs
- Communication with crew
- 360 degree turn in confined space
- Securing to mooring bouys
- Ability to recover a Man Overboard
- Handling under sail
- Sailing triangular course using correct sail trim throughout
- Coming alongside windward and leeward berths
- Knowledge of Collision regulations, pilotage, navigation, safety and current regulations
The test consist of both a practical and theory examination.
For further details and regulations, please go to the following link RYA ICC.
International Certificate of Competence Practical courses include: accommodation onboard, use of lifejackets & foul weather clothing, marina fees & fuel. For people who are already experienced in the above skills, a 1 or 2 day course/test can be arranged by request.
Buy RYA Navigation Handbook at the RYA Shop
RYA Training Malta All RYA cruising courses are now available in Malta onboard Seawolf for the next 6 months commencing on the 1st November 2016. As well as mile building weeks, yacht race training and entry in to local regattas organized by the Royal Malta Yacht Club. More details available HERE...read more