Our Performance Yachts
Here at Atlantic Charters we pride ourselves on the high standard and quality of our yachts used for training. We consider the use of performance yachts essential to develop skills of sail trim and boat balance even for the total novice.
Our yachts used are owner operated and maintained regardless of cost ensuring clean immaculate odour free boats with the latest fully functioning equipment.
We consider the prospect of our valued customers being miss-sold old, low standard boats totally unacceptable.
Our flag ship Pronavia 38’s are without doubt the envy of all the sailing schools in Gibraltar, being coded to meet the strict standards of the MCA is to us a basic requirement, we exceed this, having extra equipment on as standard to meet the requirements of RORC, the largest offshore racing body in the world. Along with this they boast sail wardrobes of Pentax, Kevlar and Dacron composites plus down wind spinnakers not usually carried on RYA training vessels. Our yachts include, Pronavia 38 and Beneteau 40.7 s.
The main features of the Pronavia 38 are:
- 3 large double cabins and a further double berth in the main saloon, comfortably sleeping 8 people. The bow cabin is a real ‘Owner’s Cabin’ with a 2.15m double berth, plenty of headroom and 2 hanging lockers. The two aft cabins (min. 2.10m in length) also include hanging locker and shelves at sides. The saloon table easily converts to a further double berth.
- Navigation area on port side including Raymarine C80 chart plotter.
- Raymarine instruments, including wind, speed and depth, auto-helm, mast repeaters and VHF DSC set
- Twin-wheel steering giving a very spacious cockpit for a full racing crew and for entertaining
- Fully removable cockpit table
- Harken deck furniture including 6 twin-speed self-tailing winches
- Selden mast and spinnaker rig
- Complete Royal Sails (made in Sweden) UK Halsey and Quantum race sails wardrobe, including furling headsail and fully batten mainsail with lazy jacks for ease of use
- Cockpit hot shower
- Hot Water
- Eberspacher heater
- Length: 11.6m (38ft)
- Beam: 3.9m
- Draft: 2.3m
- Yanmar engine 40hp
- Twin wheel
- 8 berths
- Category 2 Coding / Category Ocean Build
Suka Elan 45 and Sukita Elan 310
We also operate 2 other immaculate, owner operated yachts to charter for regatta use: Suka Elan 45 and Sukita Elan 310.
Elan 310 Sukita, Suka’s baby “Suka” under Asymetric – Elan 45
All our yachts comply with the UK’s Department of Transport’s Code of Practice for commercial vessels and are equipped with a comprehensive range of safety gear, navigation tools and other miscellaneous items for both inshore and offshore sailing. The yachts are also fully equipped for the day to day running of the boat and those wishing to charter them for cruising will find that our yachts are nothing short of a 4-star hotel.
A full list of what to bring will be sent to you once your booking form has been processed but we will provide a set of offshore waterproof clothing for the duration of your trip in any event and lifejackets will be issued to all crew members on arrival. A brief list of the personal items you will need to consider is given below:
- non-slippery footwear with non black soles, preferably waterproof (tennis shoes are fine if you remember to pack another pair in case these get wet during the trip!);
- warm layers of clothing – even on a sunny day, it can get surprisingly cool on the water when the boat is underway;
- suncream, hat and sunglasses;
- light waterproof jacket.